Tensile Electrical has over 10 years experience working on large commercial projects around Western Australia. If you have a commercial project in the Kalgoorlie-Boulder region and need an experienced and reliable electrician be sure to give us a call.
As a company owned and operated in the local area we are predisopsed to work in the mining industry. Years of industry experience and local knowledge has made Tensile Electrical the electrical contractor to trust for all of your mining projects.
Our highly skilled and experienced mining electricians can install and maintain switchgear and electrical equipment. We can accommodate all types of electrical projects. We offer a comprehensive range of electrical services to WA’s mining sector.
Owned and operated in the Kalgoorlie-Boulder region, Tensile Electrical is a family business specialising in mining & commercial electrics. We take pride in our work and pay meticulous attention to the small details to ensure that each project is fully executed on time and to the highest of standards.
Kalgoorlie North Gold Project
Jundee Gold Mine
Kanowna Belle Gold Mine
Tensile Electrical Contractor’s mission is to be our customer’s first choice for electrical services, with inspiring quality, professionalism and innovation, each and every time.
Electrical Contractors Kalgoorlie – Boulder
“Tensile Electrical is our go to company for any commercial electrical work in Kalgoorlie. Shane is a master at what he does and is a workaholic. The jobs are always finished on time, no messing around. ”
“Shane is a hard working electrician and pays attention to every detail. He has never had to come back to fix a job which is very rare. All the work was completed with no issues at all. We could not be happier with the service provided.”
“Tensile Electrical did a great job on our commercial building. We will be using them for all of our commercial jobs in the future. I would recommend Tensile Electrical to any company looking for a reliable electrician for any project.”
Kalgoorlie Electrician is a tradesman specializing in electrical wiring of buildings, transmission lines, stationary machines, and related equipment. Boulder Electricians may be employed in the installation of new electrical components or the maintenance and repair of existing electrical infrastructure. Boulder Electricians may also specialize in wiring ships, airplanes, and other mobile platforms, as well as data and cable lines.
Electricians were originally people who demonstrated or studied the principles of electricity, often electrostatic generators of one form or another.
Commercial Electrician Kalgoorlie
What do Boulder Electricians do?
Boulder Electricians install and maintain all of the electrical and power systems for our homes, businesses, and factories. They install and maintain the wiring and control equipment through which electricity flows. They also install and maintain electrical equipment and machines in factories and a wide range of other businesses.
Boulder Electricians generally focus on either construction or maintenance, although many do both. Boulder Electricians specializing in construction primarily install wiring systems into factories, businesses, and new homes. Boulder Electricians specializing in maintenance fix and upgrade existing electrical systems and repair electrical equipment. All electricians including emergency electricians in Sydney must follow State and local building codes and the National Electrical Code when performing their work.
Boulder Electricians usually start their work by reading blueprints – technical diagrams that show the locations of circuits, outlets, load centres, panel boards, and other equipment. After determining where all the wires and components will go, electricians install and connect the wires to circuit breakers, transformers, outlets, or other components and systems.
When installing wiring, Boulder electricians use hand tools such as conduit benders, screwdrivers, pliers, knives, hacksaws, and wire strippers, as well as power tools such as drills and saws. Later, they use ammeters, ohmmeters, voltmeters, harmonics testers, and other equipment to test connections and ensure the compatibility and safety of components.
Boulder Maintenance electricians repair or replace electric and electronic equipment when it breaks. They make needed repairs as quickly as possible in order to minimize inconvenience. They may replace items such as circuit breakers, fuses, switches, electrical and electronic components, or wire.
Boulder Electricians also periodically inspect all equipment to ensure that it is operating properly and to correct problems before breakdowns occur.
Maintenance work varies greatly, depending on where an electrician works. Boulder Electricians who focus on residential work perform a wide variety of electrical work for homeowners. They may rewire a home and replace an old fuse box with a new circuit breaker box to accommodate additional appliances, or they may install new lighting and other electric household items, such as ceiling fans. These electricians also might do some construction and installation work.
Boulder Electricians in large factories usually do maintenance work that is more complex. These kinds of electricians may repair motors, transformers, generators, and electronic controllers on machine tools and industrial robots. They also advise management as to whether the continued operation of certain equipment could be hazardous. When working with complex electronic devices, they may consult with engineers, engineering technicians, line installers and repairers, or industrial machinery mechanics and maintenance workers.
Boulder Electrical Contractors
Boulder Electrical contractors are businesses that employ electricians to design, install, and maintain electrical systems. Boulder Contractors are responsible for generating bids for new jobs, hiring tradespeople for the job, providing material to electricians in a timely manner, and communicating with architects, electrical and building engineers, and the customer to plan and complete the finished product.
Working conditions for Boulder electricians vary by specialization. Generally an electrician’s work is physically demanding such as climbing ladders and lifting tools and supplies. Occasionally a Boulder electrician must work in a cramped space or on scaffolding, and may frequently be bending, squatting or kneeling, to make connections in awkward locations. Boulder construction electricians may spend much of their days in outdoor or semi-outdoor loud and dirty work sites. Boulder Industrial electricians may be exposed to the heat, dust, and noise of an industrial plant. Boulder power systems electricians may be called to work in all kinds of adverse weather to make emergency repairs.
Kalgoorlie Mining Electricians
Kalgoorlie Mining Electricians install, maintain and repair specialised electrical mining equipment using their knowledge of electrical principles. They also monitor mine electricity supply.
- Realistic / Investigative
- Realistic / Conventional
The functioning of electronic circuit boards, processors, chips, and computer hardware and software, including programming and applications. Apply this knowledge to ensure electronic equipment runs smoothly.
Electrical mine machinery manuals:
Understand equipment manuals, including schematic drawings and electric circuit diagrams.
Understand the principles of electricity and electrical power circuits, as well as the associated risks.
- Communicate mine equipment information – Communicate transparently and efficiently with mine production management and machine operators. Pass on any relevant information such as outages, efficiency and productivity of the equipment.
- Test mine machinery – Test newly repaired machinery or mining equipment to ensure correct operation.
- Train operators in using mine machinery – Demonstrate mining equipment features and functions to machine operators.
- Conduct inter-shift communication – Communicate relevant information about the conditions in the workplace, progress, events, and potential problems to the workers in the next shift.
- Maintain electrical mine machinery – Inspect and conduct planned maintenance of electrical mining equipment. Conduct routine repairs and replace damaged components. Analyse test results and machine error messages.
- Install electrical mining machinery – Assemble and disassemble electrical mining machinery. Requires hand and eye coordination and spatial awareness.
- Maintain record of mining operations – Maintain records of mine production and development performance, including performance of machinery.
- Report mine machinery repairs.
- Record repair and maintenance tasks executed.
What do Kalgoorlie Electrician do in the mines?
Kalgoorlie Electrical Services:
Mention Western Australia specially Kalgoorlie-Boulder to someone who lives outside the state and as well as conjuring up images of glorious beaches, they’ll also know that Kalgoorlie is one of the leading players in the mining and petroleum industry.
Figures from the Government of Western Australia show that Kalgoorlie-Boulder is a world leader in the production of minerals and petroleum commodities. Between 2017 to 2018, the mining industry accounted for 30% of WA’s gross state product.
Of course, the mining industry drives the need for trades, especially those from engineering, construction and electrician backgrounds. Kalgoorlie qualified electricians are attracted to the mines not only because of the potential to earn a high salary, but also because the role offers variety and can be very rewarding.
Kalgoorlie Electricians roles in the mines:
Kalgoorlie Electricians are responsible for installing and maintaining electrical systems on mines. All mines need power, or they couldn’t operate. An electrician’s primary role is to ensure that there’s a continuous electrical supply to generators and plants as well as accommodation sites.
Kalgoorlie electrician will inspect, isolate, troubleshoot and repair all electrical components so that power is available at all times without hitches.
Working both above ground and below, working conditions can be tough. Kalgoorlie Mining Electricians are exposed to blistering heat with temperatures regularly topping 45 degrees in the north-west. Those working in the mining sector must be good at working at height and that goes beyond working off ladders! Likewise, Kalgoorlie electricians must feel comfortable working in small, confined spaces.
Duties and Responsibilities of Kalgoorlie Mining Electricians:
There’s nothing like variety and Kalgoorlie electricians working on the mines will never be bored because of the range of duties on offer. From the commissioning of a mine to its wind down and decommissioning, there are various tasks to keep a Kalgoorlie electrician busy day-to-day.
- Helping with start-up activities so that the mine site will be fully operational
- Checking that all necessary permits and hazard assessments have been properly prepared and completed prior to any commencement of work
- Maintenance and repair of electrical equipment and ongoing repair, including troubleshooting any faults
- Ensure that electrical equipment, systems, and process control are in good working order.
- Ensure that the power in the mines is functional in all areas
- Throughout the engineering phase, assist with start-up and commissioning activities
- Maintain switches, wiring, circuits, lighting and other electrical components and devices used in the mining site
- Carry out technical functions such as high-voltage switching, electrical fitting, and electronics, Instrumentation and field automation
- Monitor safety practices especially those near any electrical outlet and adhere to safety and occupational health regulations
- Plan Electrical shutdowns
- Understand and interpret Electrical system layout and read wiring diagrams
- Maintain the integrity of electrical systems
- Electrical Appliances, tools, and power are tested and tagged for flaws and safety
- Assist in analysis and troubleshooting of system faults
- Wear safety gear and equipment in compliance with company policies at all times
- Comply with risk assessments before work commencement
- And many more…
Stamina for Kalgoorlie mine sites:
Working on a Kalgoorlie mine site can be hard graft and the on-site shifts arduous. Kalgoorlie mining electricians clock up long hours, both overnight and during the day, as the mine will be operational 24/7. Working as part of a close-knit team, they need to get on well with others and can expect to be away from their family for long periods of time because of the remote locations.
Kalgoorlie Mining Electrical Contractors commitments to the Heavy Industrial and Mining Industry:
Kalgoorlie Mining Team’s commitment to full-service delivery is demonstrated not only in commercial environments but extends to the heavy industrial and mining industry. They specialise in short-notice mobilisation of Kalgoorlie mining electrical contractors and engineers to remote sites, the provision of end to end service delivery, and execution of complex works in difficult environments. Kalgoorlie mining team is adept at working in unfavourable conditions and adopts a no-fuss approach to getting works completed within time, at specification, and beyond the expected standard.
Kalgoorlie electrical mining contractors adopt a collaborative approach to project integration, ensuring client satisfaction at all stages, from design through to commissioning. With demonstrated ability in the gas, coal and metalliferous fields, Kalgoorlie mining team is both experienced and suitably qualified to execute works across the country. Kalgoorlie mining team’s exemplary safety record personifies the methods they operate under and provides confidence in the company operating within high-risk environments.
Kalgoorlie Mining Electrical Contracting
- Project Management
- High Voltage
- Cable Management Systems
- Custom Switchboard
- Hazardous Areas
- Service and Maintenance
- Lighting Solutions
- Energy Management
Kalgoorlie Commercial Electrician
Kalgoorlie commercial electrician is an electrician who is trained to focus on the electrical systems of a building that is used for commercial purposes rather than the residential buildings. These electricians work in environments which are either entirely heated up or stressful. Kalgoorlie commercial electricians work in a large room full of wirings and electrical supplies.
The Kalgoorlie commercial building which hires Kalgoorlie commercial electricians includes shopping malls, high rise buildings, offices, restaurants, and government jobs. The primary task of the Kalgoorlie commercial electrician is to make installations, maintain the wirings, and get rid of inadequate circuits by repairing or replacing them. Kalgoorlie electricians are trained to work in large spaces with complicated electrical circuits.
Duties and Responsibilities of Kalgoorlie Commercial Electricians:
Kalgoorlie Commercial Electricians install, maintain, inspect and repair electrical systems in commercial buildings. These are any buildings that are not used as residences, so they are generally larger than the buildings in which residential electricians work. An exception is a large apartment building, which may be considered commercial rather than residential. Kalgoorlie Commercial Electricians have duties that pertain to large-scale electrical work. The responsibilities include:
- Installation of wire and electrical units.
- Attaching covers for open wiring systems and circuits.
- Maintenance of electrical systems
- Inspection of the issues in the wiring
- Checking whether the electrical systems are according to the codes
- Diagnosing all the electrical problems in the area which needs to be worked on
- Making plans for new installations and systems that require to be constructed
- The construction of the electrical system
- Making and reading technical drawings
- Ensuring the guidelines issued by the state government or officials of the authorising committee.
- Training people who work in a similar environment
- Leading teams to work on a particular, large-scale job
Kalgoorlie-Boulder Commercial Electrical Contractors:
Kalgoorlie-Boulder commercial electrical team of experienced Kalgoorlie commercial electricians and project managers specialize in responding quickly to your needs. They have the capacity and flexibility to handle all types and sizes of projects, ranging from simple service calls to larger, more complex projects, including ground-up installations and tenant build-outs.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder Commercial Electrical Contractors Services include:
- Retrofitting and additions
- Maintenance, repair, and replacement work
- Lighting installation and repair
- Additional electrical circuits
- Switchboard installation
- New build and tenant improvements
- NEC code corrections and OSHA violation corrections
- Tenant build-outs
- Panel replacements and service upgrades
- Telecommunications, category five, fibre optic conduit
- Energy conservation audits
- Emergency management systems
- Power quality analysis and control
- Power factory testing and correction
- 24-hour emergency service
- SYSTEMS INSTALLED:
- Site Lighting
- Motor control centres
- Uninterruptible power supply systems
- 120-480 Volt Circuits
- 3-phase circuits
- Computer circuits
- Computer/data processing systems
- Low voltage distribution systems
- Electronic door readers
- Energy-efficient lighting
- Emergency and standby power generating systems
- Access control and telecommunication systems
- Explosion-proof wiring
- HVAC system wiring
- Temperature controls
- Electronic time clocks
- Programmable thermostats
Here at Electrician Kalgoorlie we have a resourceful team of trained and licenced electricians who can offer the best electrical installation and repair services in Kalgoorlie – Boulder for your personal or commercial spaces. We have built a great reputation in the commercial and mining electrical industry for offering phenomenal services to our clients, some of whom we have known since many years.
Whether your needs are as small as fixing a light bulb to having extensive electrical fittings installed, we have got everything covered for you. We have over 15 years of solid industrial experience and have been operating since the year 2010. We guarantee the most reliable services which are not only affordable but also done by skilled experts. Get in touch with us for all your electrical requirements and we will get the job done for you.
What Services Do We Offer?
Our services are offered by the best electricians in Kalgoorlie. Some of our basic electric repair and installation services include:
• Major and minor electrical fixings.
• Break panels and fuse box upgrade.
• Ceiling fan and lights.
• AC and HVAC.
• Electrical wiring and re-wiring.
• Electrical remodelling.
• Mining electrics in Kalgoorlie
• Fire smoke detection tools.
• Commercial electricians Kalgoorlie
If you have any questions about our services or want to know more, just give us a call and we will be more than glad to cater to your requirements.
How To Find The Best Electricians In Kalgoorlie
Finding a good and reliable electrical technician can be a tough task. There are so many who claim to offer affordable services but don’t offer the best results. Here are some tips which will help you in choosing the best electrician:
1. Ask for recommendations:
Many builders and contractors can guide you by referring a list of professional and reliable electrical technicians. You can also go around and ask your friends if they would know anyone who can help you with their services.
2. Discuss about your requirements before hiring them:
Ask the electricians to come over to first have a look at what you need to get done. You can for an estimate so that you how reasonably priced they are.
3. Check for reviews:
You can have a quick look online to check for some real user reviews about their services. Majority of the reviews on the business listings and consumer forums are genuine.
4. Ask if they are trained:
Companies who hire trained technicians are more professional with their approaches. They have many years of experience in the industry and can offer you better credibility more than any other company.
When you hire our services for repair and installation work, we guarantee that we will not let you down in any way. Our servicemen are trained and licensed to provide Bundaberg electrical services which ensures you of reliability and safety at all times. Call Tensile Electrical Kalgoorlie today to schedule our services and we will be ready to assist you with all your electrical requirements.
4 Top Electrical Faults You Should Leave In The Hands Of Professionals
There are certain types of electrical jobs which are better taken care of by the experts in the field. It can be extremely dangerous to play around with electrical fittings, even if you know the basics or have a manual guide for installation and repair. There are so many things that can go wrong and result in hundreds of dollars’ worth of damage. Here we list down 5 electrical faults which are best handled by professionals like us.
1. Circuit breaker problems:
When a circuit is overloaded, it may result in the circuit box or breakers tripping. This can be a risky thing to deal with yourself and it is better to ask for our help.
2. Electrical shocks:
If you notice a mild shock while touching an electrical device, it may be a problem of faulty wiring. Well, we certainly can have this fixed for you.
3. Flickering lights:
This may seem to be a sign of a defective or a loose bulb. But even if changing the light bulb doesn’t work, then you need to call us to have a look at the light fixture.
4. Electrical appliances not working:
There may be a problem with a loose wiring or the appliance may be internally damaged. Never attempt to fix this yourself.
It is best to keep yourself and the loved ones around you safe from any injury and hire us. Our affordable electricians guarantee to look after what you want and get the job done. Call us for all your electrical needs and we will get the work started in no time.
How To Utilise Electricity And Save On Cost
The best means of saving on your power bills is to act smart in utilizing the electricity consumption efficiently.
Follow these top 10 tips and we can guarantee that you will save on at least 5% off on your electricity bills each month:
1. Turn off lights and appliances when not in use. 2. Wash your laundry in cold water. 3. Unplug unused electronics. 4. Use more of natural lights during the day. 5. Fix leaky faucets. 6. Switch off the AC when not at home 7. Manage your refrigerator and thermostat settings. 8. Buy energy efficient devices. 9. Avoid hot temperature settings in the dishwasher. 10. Replace old light bulbs with LED lights.
So, Why Should You Hire Us?
We know that it is difficult to come across a trustworthy electrician in Kalgoorlie, especially if you have been scammed by others before. But in all means, we are different as we put emphasis on client satisfaction and making sure we solve your problems.
1. Professional Electricians: All of our electricians have gone through rigorous training and are licensed and experienced enough to handle everything that needs to.
2. Timely action: We take prompt action in catering to your demands and make sure the work is completed successfully and on time.
3. Affordable cost:We are the most affordable electricians you can find in the entire Bundaberg area and we guarantee to make you happy with the results.
4. Premium fittings: You can always count on us to offer the best services with premium quality electrical supplies and fittings.
As a team of professional experts, we deliver 100% reliable services. You can get in touch with us or give us a call right away and we would love to have the opportunity to serve you and help in getting your electrical work done in the shortest time possible.